🛡 At HURR, we take the protection of our community seriously. We’re aware that the risk of interference from fraudsters is prevalent and we want to keep you informed, safe and prepared.
🚔 As a community, remaining up-to-date and vigilant of suspicious activity is crucial. Calling out suspicious behaviour by reporting it, is vital to everyone’s safety. Please report them to us by raising a ticket here. Our Care Team will look after things from there.
Some red flags to look out for...
🚩 A request to complete or verify a transaction via a link or button within an email, messenger, or text message that has been sent to you.
- HURR will never ask you to process payment via the messaging system, WhatsApp or other forms of communication. Payment for all rentals is made through our secure checkout at the time of making your rental request. Watch out for anything like the below, requesting you click a link to confirm an order.
🚩 A request to share personal information, such as your email address, phone number or bank details.
- We store and handle your details that enable rentals to be made via the checkout in a safe and secure way. You do not need to share any additional information via the messenger or any other form of contact. Anything like the below, should be reported.
🚩 Messages via the HURR App claiming to be from the HURR team and asking you to click on any links or share personal details.
- The HURR team will contact you via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), in response to a message from you via the "Help" icon and occasionally via SMS. Look out for anything resembling the below.
Some things we are doing from HQ...
️⛔️ We are actively monitoring, deleting, and blocking fraudulent accounts to protect our customers from potential harm.
💬 We’ve launched a message in all new message threads with information on preventing fraud so you can take action immediately if you spot something suspicious.
🙅♀️ It is essential not to share any personal information outside of the platform. We handle all personal information securely and safely within our platform to maintain your privacy. By staying informed and following these guidelines, we can work together to create a safer environment for everyone.
What to do if you spot something suspicious...
📢 Call it out!
- You can report anything suspicious to our team directly HERE. Include screenshots, if you have them, and give us as much information as possible. We’ll investigate right away.
- If you have shared your bank details and believe you are at risk, report the situation to your bank immediately. They can block your card and support you.