About the job
We are the fashion marketplace changing the way we wear fashion. Our mission is to reinvent ownership by providing all the short-cuts to a sustainable wardrobe through renting, monthly refreshes or purchasing pre-owned clothing. We empower our community to extend the lifespan of clothes and to look good doing it. We’re one of the world’s “Top 50 retail-tech startups”, proving the answer to sustainable fashion is nothing new.
As we plan for and experience rapid growth, our priority is to make sure that we continue to deliver the highest levels of service to our customers. We are seeking a customer-focused and detail-oriented Store Associates to join our Selfridges Concession team (Oxford Street, London). The Store Associate will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional rental experience for HURR customers, providing excellent service, managing rental transactions, and maintaining the store's overall appearance.
- Welcome and greet customers in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring a positive first impression of the HURR Rental journey.
- Assist customers in selecting rental clothing based on their needs, providing accurate information about the rental process and rental stock.
- Process rental transactions, including taking payments and managing customer sign ups.
- Help customers try on rental clothing, offering styling and fit advice when necessary.
- Maintain accurate rental inventory levels and keep track of rental items within the concession, ensuring they are and ready for rental.
- Collaborate with Head Office team members to maintain the merchandising of the store, including restocking and maintaining overall store appearance.
- Communicate with customers through various channels, including email, phone, and social media, to answer questions and promote rental products.
- Continuously learn about rental clothing trends and best practices to provide exceptional customer service and stay up to date with industry trends.
- Proven experience in customer service, preferably in a fast paced retail environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and point-of-sale systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and bank holidays, as needed.
- Knowledge of fashion and current trends is preferred, but not required.
Sound good?! Contact us with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org